Day 23 – 20 Facts about you
In no particular order… And no real relevance…
1. I hate green peppers. A lot.
2. I wrote a novel called The Goblin Tree when I was 11. I gave a copy to my grandmother. When she died, I couldn’t find it anywhere among her belongings.
3. I was always near the top of my class at school.
4. My phone is almost always on silent. I hate the ringing and message tones.
5. There are probably only a handful of hours a day when I am not on Facebook. I tell myself it’s okay, because it’s in my job description.
6. I love cheese. And wine. And chocolate.
7. I love playing fantasy RPG computer games.
8. I also suffer from “simulator sickness” – motion sickness from playing said computer games.
9. I’m terribly untidy. But will also get random urges to clean everything.
10. I love watching Disney films. They almost never fail to cheer me up.
11. I have struggled with major depression, and have a feeling I will continue to struggle with it in the future.
12. I have two distinct “personas” – one for my work and another for myself. It helps to keep me sane.
13. When times get tough, I throw myself into my work. It’s safe there. I can keep in control.
14. When I get stressed, I go on long drives around Cape Town. The motion helps to calm me and the “quiet time” helps me to think.
15. I’m a sucker for cute, fluffy things. One of my work colleagues knows this and he often sends me something cute and fluffy, usually with the word “Squee” contained in the subject line. I will always smile.
16. I still have my favourite fluffy toys from when I was younger.
17. I hate being photographed, filmed or hearing my own voice. I’m always embarrassed by what I see/hear. I would not object if somebody Photoshopped me to within an inch of my life, so long as I looked hot.
18. I have extreme self-esteem issues.
19. I love reading, writing and creating. I love the escapism. I dream of writing and publishing a novel.
20. I prefer winter over summer.